In celebration of a glamorous wedding
The Golden Hall is located on the third floor of the palace. Its original appearance immediately after its construction in the 15th century is not known. Its present decor, leading to its name, “Golden Hall,” can be traced to 1609, when Duke Johann Friedrich had the hall refurnished in the lavish late Renaissance style in honor of his wedding to Princess Barbara Sophie von Brandenburg. The couple's initials can be found in different places around the hall.